Are you running out of dessert ideas to make at home?
Who could resist this Chocolate Coffee Mousse with Milk Sorbet from The Olive Branch? The award-winning pub team in Clapham, Rutland know a thing or two about tasty recipes, so why not give it a go at home?
Chocolate Coffee Mousse with Milk Sorbet
325g hot espresso coffee
80g white sugar
13g powdered gelatine
100g 72% plain chocolate
1. Mix all the ingredients in a container and strain the mixture into a cream whipper gun.
2. Charge the whipper gun with two nitrous oxide gas cartridges, place into the fridge and allow to chill for a few hours.
3. To serve, carefully squirt the coffee and chocolate mixture into a suitable dish or cup, and top with whipped cream, honeycomb and crumbled chocolate.
4. Serve with the milk sorbet.
For the honeycomb
3 tbsp water
75g glucose syrup
10g bicarbonate of soda
1. Boil all the ingredients to 150 degrees Celsius and add the bicarbonate of soda.
2. Whisk the mixture and pour it into a grease-proof-lined deep tray and allow to cool.
3. When set hard, break into pieces and store in a large sealed jar in the freezer. Serve when required.
For the milk sorbet
150g milk powder
1 tbsp glucose
1. Gently heat the milk in a saucepan, add the sugar until dissolved, then whisk in the milk powder and glucose.
2. Strain, chill, churn, freeze and serve.
The Olive Branch is sharing a range of lockdown recipes online. You can find more via their Facebook page.
If you have a go at making the dessert make sure you send us a picture on social media.