It’s about this time of year as festival line-ups are confirmed that everyone’s thoughts turn to summer. Now, if you fancy not only a holiday but also a music festival experience with a difference Sixthman has a treat for you! Yes, this summer they’re heading to the seas and hosting The Boaty Weekender headlined by Belle & Sebastian. Want to know what’s ever better? We’ve got a cabin to give away to you lucky lot!
Since 2001, Sixthman has pioneered themed cruise experiences and now they’re venturing into Mediterranean waters. As you settle into your cruise ship cabin you can be safe in the knowledge that these festivals will have no mud, no tents and, given that they’re in the Med, hopefully no rain!
The Boaty Weekender is sailing 8-12 August and from Barcelona to Cagliari, Sardinia. If you’re a Belle & Sebastian fan you might guess that the name is an international spin on an old classic, The Bowlie Weekender, which the band curated in Camber Sands back in ’99. So what if the magic of 1999’s Bowlie Weekender was recreated 20 years on with 2,500 like-minded music fans, dozens of your favourite bands, and Belle & Sebastian themselves, on an exciting and once in a lifetime cruise holiday through the Mediterranean?
This year they’ll be sailing between Barcelona and Cagliari alongside Mogwai, Yo La Tengo, Camera Obscura, Teenage Fanclub, Django Django, Alvvays, Hinds, Honeyblood and loads more. As well as the music on board they’ve got kids activities, theme night parties, a creche, a huge range of dining options, yoga, a spa, tennis courts, a casino, plus the chance to get up close & personal with Belle & Sebastian at a Q&A session and intimate performance
This floating festival is taking place on Norwegian Pearl, with their excellent range of facilities and restaurants, from Teppanyaki and sushi to Italian and steakhouse, all tastes are catered for. Meals are included within your cabin price, with some upgrades available, but you certainly won’t be going hungry.
HOW TO BOOK
First of all, you’ll need to get yourself to Barcelona. Regular flights are available from both East Midlands Airport and Birmingham Airport from a number of airlines. The Boaty Weekender is a round-trip cruise from Barcelona.
Pricing varies depending on cabin selection.
For The Boaty Weekender prices start from £979 per person (meals inclusive).
Payment can be made in full at the time of booking, via automatic monthly billing or through a deposit and scheduled payments.
Head here to find out more and book for The Boaty Weekender.
WIN WIN WIN
Don’t ever say we don’t treat you well! We’ve only gone and grabbed a cabin on the cruise to give away to one very lucky Cool As Leicester reader plus one guest! If you want to set sail with Belle & Sebastian then this isn’t a competition to miss! Please note that flights aren’t included in the prize, so be sure to read the terms & conditions.
Entries close on Monday 20 May 2019 at 5pm and the winner will be drawn shortly after.
Some error has occured.
Terms & conditions:
- Within 1 day of the competition end date, one winner will be selected by random draw. They will be contacted personally as soon as possible and also announced via social media.
- The prize consists of a cabin for 2 people on a luxury Norwegian Pearl cruise for The Boaty Weekender. There will be 1 winner.
- The cabin will be allocated by Sixthman.
- Please note that flights are not included and by entering the winner understands that they will be responsible for making their own way to Barcelona and back.
- Dates are fixed for the prizes and cannot be exchanged for any other trip.
- A minor may accompany the winner as a guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- All terms and conditions of the Sixthman’s standard ticket contract of passage, as well as those stated in the general Information of the sponsor’s brochure/website, shall be applicable to this promotion and cruise passages.