Showcase Cinemas has now announced that it is launching a new streaming service called Showcase at home with free apps for IOS and Android devices.
Showcase at home is a new video-on-demand service designed to complement and expand on Showcase Cinemas’ successful theatrical Event Cinema, Flashback and Spotlight programming.
The service offers a handpicked selection of films and events for fans while at home or on the move including new digital releases, nostalgic classics from the Flashback series, independent gems nurtured through the Spotlight strand, and a wealth of Event Cinema productions including theatre, musicals, stand-up comedy, exhibitions, and concert films.
The service features a library of titles from distributors including Paramount, Lions Gate, Altitude, Signature, Vertigo and Verve along with specialist programming from companies such as Eagle Rock, Seventh Art, Liberator, and All the Anime. Further titles will be added continually with High Definition films available to rent from £3.49 and to buy from £7.99.
At launch the platform will lead with the release of Becoming Rocky: The Birth of a Classic, a documentary about the creation of the Academy Award winning film Rocky, narrated by Sylvester Stallone and featuring never before seen footage. Other new releases will include the documentary Repeat Attenders about musicals super fans, and Dogwoof’s The Australian Dream.
Showcase at home will initially focus on five strands in line with Showcase’s cinema offering, comprising:
- Event Cinema: The fastest growing sector in cinemas over the last 10 years, including everything from concerts, theatre, ballets, exhibitions through to stage musicals. Titles to include An American in Paris, Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away, Vincent Van Gogh: A New Way of Seeing, and The Rolling Stones: Ole Ole Ole A Journey Through Latin America
- New Release Films: Quality limited and mid-level releases covering known new releases through to undiscovered gems. Titles to include Becoming Rocky: The Birth of a Classic, Days of the Bagnold Summer, and The Biggest Little Farm
- Flashback: Classic films and fan favourites. Titles to include Monty Python: Life of Brian, A Quiet Place, There Will Be Blood, andGrease
- Spotlight: Documentaries and crossover independent releases. Titles to include The Australian Dream, A Rainy Day in New York, Peanut Butter Falcon, and John & Yoko: Above Us Only Sky
- Anime: Manga titles from Japan. Titles to include Your Name, Perfect Blue, Mary & The Witch’s Flower, and Promare.
Members of Showcase’s Insider scheme will be able to earn 10% rewards on all transactions made on the platform. Visit showcase-at-home.showcasecinemas.co.uk