When even a greeting card costs you around £6 these days, add on some flowers and chocolates, we all know Mother’s Day can be a bit of an expense. So if you’re strapped for cash but still want to treat your mum tomorrow here are our top tips:
- Handmade Burger Co in the Highcross are offering every mum a FREE burger when accompanied by another full paying adult. To check out their amazing menu range or to book just visit here.
- Fancy a film? Why not head over to Phoenix Square and have a meal in their Cafe Bar where this Sunday mum’s will eat free. Just order one main course from their normal or special Mother’s Day menu and then your mum will get hers for free! Whilst you’re there you could catch a film and tomorrow they’ll be showing Black Swan, Source Code, Toy Story 3 (3D) and You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger. To see the menu just click here.
- The Reynard on Market Street are also offering 2 course Mother’s Day lunch for only £8.99, if you pre-book you can even get dessert for just £1.
- Las Iguanas on Belvoir Street are offering a free glass of bubbly to mums who are dining with them on Sunday.
- Slug & Lettuce on Market Street are offering 3 courses for £12. To view their menu just visit here.
What’s more if you can get yourself down to a Tesco they’re selling the large boxes of Thorntons Classics for half price, so there’s no need to break the bank. Plus all mums secretly love a homemade card!