Big news for Leicester’s Bombay Bites as they’ve made the shortlist to win a huge makeover courtesy of Deliveroo.
Yes, Deliveroo has unveiled the restaurants who are in the running to nab a makeover of their premises and/or equipment worth a huge £25,000. Bombay Bites has now made the shortlist from over 500 restaurants across the UK who applied. A panel of external judges whittled down the applications to a shortlist of 6 from around the country and Deliveroo is now calling on Brits to help make the final decision,
Bombay Bites is based on Braunstone Gate and the family-run restaurant is both a student favorite and loved by locals, famous for its bespoke curry boxes.
Other finalists alongside Bombay Bites include:
- Bombay Bites, Leicester: Owned by Moukid Muslim and his family, award-winning Bombay Bites is super popular with the students in the city. If they win, want to adapt the site and make it more family and disabled friendly, in addition to updating the menu to help attract new customers.
- Amigos Mexican Kitchen, Sheffield: Open since 2010 and run by Khalid Wani and his business partner, Amigos is an award-winning restaurant that specialises in halal Mexican street food. If they win, they want a new dessert bar which would be a great addition to the restaurant.
- Cafe Santos, Wigan: Owned by Ash and his wife and established in 2010, this cafe is the heart of the local community. Customers say they offer brilliant food and the “best coffee in the country”. If they win the makeover they want to have a new counter, tables and chairs.
- Mario’s Plaice, Glasgow: Three generations of family run this fish and chips shop, serving the community in the west end of Glasgow. They offer classics in addition to battered Mars bars and battered pizza. If they win, they will be installing a new fish fryer, to make food prep and deliveries quicker, resulting in more customers.
- Surbiton Fish and Chips: Owned by Xiaoniu Yuan (known locally as ‘Hank’). The restaurant has been open since 1984 – the oldest, established fish and chips shop in Kingston-upon-Thames. If they win, they want to give half the money to schools in the local community, the other half to change the tables in the restaurant.
- Le Tran Cafe, London: A family-owned restaurant specialising in traditional Vietnamese and Asian cuisine in the heart of Bermondsey. If they win, they want new equipment to grill food, and also a new front entrance/sliding door to increase the atmosphere and be better disabled and elderly-friendly.
You can help Bombay Bites to win by casting your votes over at deliveroorestaurantmakeovers.co.uk. Entries close on 9 August.